Most home owners are concerned with the cost of high energy bills. It is important for you and your family to be comfortable around the house, but does it need to be so expensive?
In addition to contracting a heating and cooling specialist like Arundel Cooling, here are some HVAC tips that can help lower your heating and cooling expenses.
1) Insulate your Home
Homes that are not properly insulated will leak cold and hot air that will make their heaters and coolers less efficient and increase energy costs. One way to improve insulation is to check your windows and replace broken frames and seals.
2) Check the Condition of the Filters
Filters should be changed regularly or replaced when needed. This should happen every six months or when you feel that it’s not performing as well as it should.
3) Regular Tune-Ups
Your unit needs to be checked by a licensed technician to make sure that there’s nothing wrong with it. Have it tuned-up at least twice a year for maximum performance.
4) Use a Programmable Thermostat
A thermostat can help control the temperature around the house and save electricity. When it’s cold already, it can lower the temperature and increase it when it gets hot.
5) Protect Units from Direct Heat and Cold
Installing an awning that will keep your unit in the direct heat of the sun can lower your energy bills by 10%. In the winter, you can protect your unit by covering it.
6) Choose Energy Star
Brands that have earned the Energy Star are more energy efficient.
Keeping your cooling and heating equipment well-maintained and your home well insulated will lower your consumption and therefore, your bills. The initial investment you need to make can be recovered from the savings you will incur. Aside from that, an efficient HVAC system will keep your family more comfortable in your home.
A very important service that any home owner needs immediately is window replacement. All of our homes can take a big beating from weather and our kid’s activities. I can’t tell you home many times my son has damage my windows throwing rocks or sports balls. Weather can take a very large toll on homes by damaging the window frames and wearing out the energy efficiency of the glass. There five very common signs to look for when considering whether or not your windows need replacement.
- If you see rotting or cracks in your window trim then you should be thinking about replacing your windows. This is generally a sign of water damage and if not handled immediately you have a good chance of having a mold issue.
- Finding cold spots on your windows mean that the insulation of your window is wearing off and need replacement. During the winter months, do you find your windows feel extremely cold? This will put added pressure on your HVAC system and raising your energy costs.
- Feeling cold drafts by your windows is another sign that you will be looking into replacement. This means that there is an issue with your insulation and if moisture enters through then you could end up replacing interior products from mold or water damage.
- When the window sticks or constantly closes when trying to keep open then you will need a new window. This is a sign that the frame has warped in some way and preventing the smooth opening and closing motion of your windows.
- Cloudiness of your windows is also a sign of replacement. Most windows are double or triple panes and are designed to keep moisture out. If there are signs of cloudiness then that means air is entering in between the window panes.
When you inspect your windows and find any of these issues it is important to find a contractor that will provide quality window replacement. If you are looking for expert window replacement then I suggest visiting Metropolitan Contractors at www.metro-contractors.com. They provide expert knowledge and quality products for all of Northern Virginia.
Windows are great. They allow us to see the great outdoors without leaving the comfort of our home. They let you watch the snow fall as enjoy a hot beverage. But with so many window manufacturers out there, it may be hard to see the difference between producers and find the right one to go with. If you’re looking for new windows for your home, you should go with Andersen Windows. Here are some of the benefits of Renewal by Andersen Windows.
- Clarity you can see. Windows are great to look through but when they aren’t clear, they don’t serve their purpose very well. Andersen Windows are the clearest windows you’ll find on the market, made with the highest quality glass around.
- They are great insulators. Your house loses a lot of energy through its windows. In the wintertime, this can add up to hundreds of dollars on your energy bill. Andersen Windows are made to insulate your home, so that it can maintain temperatures in the winter and summer. Nothing is worse than having a cold house in January and an unbearably hot home in August.
- Security you can count on. Windows are another way to enter and exit your home. Although you may not be crawling through them everyday, it is in your best interest to make sure no one else can either. Andersen Windows are strong enough to stand up to the greatest pressure, so you can feel safe from danger. These windows will make your home more secure than before.
The benefits of Andersen Windows are very easy to see. You’ll feel safe knowing they’re protecting your home and you’ll enjoy looking through them year after year. They’re a great investment in your home as they both protect your family from the elements and save you money on your energy bill. Don’t let this window of opportunity close! Upgrade your home’s windows today.
Anyone with spring allergies knows how frustrating it can be to deal with all of the symptoms each and every day. For those of you who think there is nothing to be done about these allergy symptoms, I have some good news for you. There are actually some pretty simple things you can do to help yourself feel better during the season you normally feel your worst.
While making sure to take your allergy relief pills is an obvious first step, there are some things to do to make sure you don’t suffer from allergies all the time. Im talking about ways to allergy proof your home so you don’t have to experience the symptoms while you are indoors. I was trying to figure this out last week and discovered I could reduce my symptoms if I cleaned my home, getting all the dust and allergens out.
I eventually found my solution by first doing a search for carpet cleaning Virginia Beach online to find a home cleaning service near me. You see, over time you and your family will bring inside pollen and dirt which basically created an outdoors environment inside your home. I soon found that Chemdry would be able to help me so I called them for complete carpeting and upholstery cleaning service. Just days later I noticed I was able to breathe easier inside my home and the symptoms of my allergies were not as bad when I woke up in the morning.